澳门玄机网

澳门玄机网 recognises that our staff are key to the effective functioning of the College.  In acknowledging this, 澳门玄机网 wishes to support its staff by offering a range of non-contractual benefits which, depending on your role, could include the following:

 

Pension

All staff are enrolled automatically into a contributory personal pension plan after a qualifying period of 12 weeks.  Any request to opt-in before that date or to opt-out of the pension scheme altogether must be made in writing to the personnel department.  Further, any request to opt-in to the salary exchange method of making employee pension contributions must be made by completing a standard form which will change the terms and conditions of employment thereby permitting this method to be used. Changes to the chosen contribution rate or method may be made annually in January if required.

For permanent staff the minimum (and default) employee contribution level to the plan run by The Pru is 3 % of pensionable pay and the College will make a 鈥榤atch-doubled鈥 contribution of 6 %.  Provided, by doing so, the national minimum wage constraints are not breached, staff are entitled to make larger contributions should they so wish and the College will 鈥榤atch-double鈥 any amount paid by the employee up to 7 %, i.e. 14 % making a total contribution of 21 %.  

For staff who are not classified as permanent, including casual workers and those on fixed-term contracts, the minimum (and default) employee contribution to the plan run by NEST is 5 % and the College will supplement this with a further 3 % making a total contribution of 8 %  Provided, by doing so, the national minimum wage constraints are not breached, staff are entitled to make larger contributions should they so wish.

Nest Salary Sacrifice Application

Prudential Salary Sacrifice Application

澳门玄机网 Salary Exchange presentation - March 2023

Cash Healthcare Scheme

'Medicash' is a cash plan scheme that allows staff to claim back costs towards their everyday health care costs, such as sight tests or dental check-ups.  The College provides membership of the scheme to eligible staff free of charge.  This represents a taxable benefit.  You can download an app and take a picture of receipts and attach them your claim form.  It is very easy to use.

Medicash is only offered to staff who are offered and enrol into the College Pension Scheme.  The College pays for level one membership and employees can elect to add members of their family and increase their levels of membership by contacting the HR office.  

If you are a member of Medicash you will be eligible for Medicash Extras.  This will give you access to online discounts on shopping, travel, entertainment, dining and more including cinema tickets.


 

Group Life Insurance Cover

The College provides Group Life Insurance cover (also known as 'Death in Service' benefit) for all its non-casual employees.  It pays out a lump sum of two times' annual salary to the family or next of kin for an employee in the event of their death while employed by the College.

Help at Hand from Unum

Help at Hand from Unum

Help@Hand is a new service offered by Unum and aims to provide employees, their partner and children with unlimited access to a UK based Remote GP within 24 hours of requesting an appointment. Each video consultation lasts up to 20 minutes and is available 24/7, 365 days a year.

Second opinion

Medical second opinions are available either face-to-face or via video consultation with a UK-based specialist following a diagnosis from a treating doctor. Employees, their partner and children (up to18 or 23 if in full-time education) have access to two consultations per year shared between them.

Mental Health Support

Up to eight mental health support consultations (including an initial assessment) per year are available through Help@hand to be shared between you and your partner. Based on clinical need following a video consultation assessment, the service is delivered either face-to-face or through supported computerised cognitive behavioural therapy (CBt) with an assigned therapist.

Physiotherapy

Up to eight physiotherapy consultations (including an initial assessment) per year are available through Help@hand to be shared between you and your partner. Treatment is delivered either face-to-face or digitally, based on clinical need following a video consultation.

All four Help@Hand services are accessed via one app with the entry point to services via one specialist health provider, Square Health 鈥 ensuring a unique, simple and straightforward user experience

Annual Leave

The College offers a generous annual leave allowance of 34 working days (inclusive of Bank Holidays), pro-rata for those not working a 5 day week.  Our holiday year runs from 1 October to 30 September.

Relocation Loan Scheme

Staff relocating to within a 20 mile radius of the College can apply for an interest free loan, up to the value of three months鈥 net pay, or up to a maximum of 拢5,000, whichever is the lesser amount.  This will also be offered to prospective new employees.

The loan would be solely for the purpose of the removal costs, security deposit, first month鈥檚 rent and/or any legal or administration fees associated with moving into or between accommodations.

The member of staff will pay back the loan to the College over 12 equal monthly payments directly from their monthly salary and agree to an extended period of notice of 3 months duration

To apply for the loan staff must complete the application form below and email it to hr@clare.cam.ac.uk

Relocation Loan Application

Travel to Work Loan

Staff on a contract of three months or more can apply for a travel to work loan, which is an interest free loan, up to the value of one month鈥檚 net pay, or up to a maximum of 拢2,500, whichever is the lesser amount.

The loan will be for the purpose of purchasing an annual bus or rail ticket (the Travel to Work Loan cannot be used for tickets of a duration of less than a year) at standard class travel, or to assist with the purchase of a bicycle and associated safety equipment.  Staff will need to produce receipts.

The loan will be paid back over 12 equal monthly payments directly from their monthly salary.

To apply for the loan staff must complete the application form below and email it to hr@clare.cam.ac.uk

Travel Loan Application

Meal Allowance in the Buttery

Staff can enjoy a range of hot and cold meal options, subject to a daily monetary limit of 拢6.00.  This is only available when the kitchens are open.

Cycle to Work Scheme

The College has a cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme in place and can also provide access to secure cycle parking for those who wish to cycle to work. 

Parking

Staff who wish to park are provided with car parking facilities close to the College, subject to availability. 

Training & Development

The College offers a range of staff development opportunities and events to support you in your role and to help you develop your career.